2018 Harold Matts and SG Ball

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Billy, Dec 24, 2017.

1. ALX25

ALX25 Cameron Ciraldo

Not sure how a Kiwi get's chosen?

newy guy29 likes this.
  2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Aku Uate got picked for Australian schoolboys 6 months after arriving in the country, couldn't really speak English, and had only played a handful of games of League, mostly for his school.
    At least Toa has played a good season of Ball and some Flegg.

3. newy guy29

newy guy29 Cory Denniss

real eastate
    In all honesty Best was lucky to be chosen. His defence was very poor through out the week long competition. Starford Toa was outstanding playing games at Full back and in the centers. The starting centers on the tour will be Bronson Xerri and Starford Toa. Bradman will find himself coming from the bench.. The Aussie Schoolboys squad picked is one of the weakest iv seen in some time. The standard through out the week wasnt what its been in recent times. 22 players chosen when normally 17 are picked.
    Nswccc won 28-14 against Nswchs
    Nswchs 2nd
    Qld 3rd
    Act 4th

Nswccc 6 players picked
    Nswchs 11 players picked
    Qld 3 players picked
    Act 1 player [icked
    Nswcis 1 player picked

Dan likes this.
  4. newy guy29

newy guy29 Cory Denniss

real eastate
    I tend to agree. But its where you go to school. Thus being named schoolboys.
    But i herd he signed paper work at the tournament pledging his alegence to Australia.

5. Billy

The only way Toa will be picked over Best will be if they don't have a training session before they pick the side, because it won't take 2 minutes to see that best is bigger, stronger, faster and allround better than Toa. Xuerri is pretty good though.

6. newy guy29

newy guy29 Cory Denniss

real eastate
    Time will tell. When the team plays. I'm not dissagreeing with you about bradman he is a quality player. In fact his been disapointing at a few tournaments recently. He was lucky to make the Nswchs team with poor performance at Toronto. Also this week at the Australian championships a few deficiencies were shown in defence. Hes a strong kid who carries the ball well, but lacks getting involved.

On the other hand Star Toa if he doesnt start at full back he will be 100% in the centers and this is coming from a coaching staff of Aussie school boys. Star Toa was outstanding in both attack and defence and turn nothing into something. Looks the goods.
    Time will tell

7. Billy

Toa got better and better during the Ball season. You could actually see his body shape change from his first game to when he was playing Flegg. He went from an ordinary looking kid to a beast, although I noticed when he was playing centre in Flegg that his fitness seemed to suffer as he got bigger. The last time I saw him in Flegg he looked stuffed after every run, but kept doing the job.
    Even though he is rapidly improving, he still has a fair way to go to match Best for size and strength, and he'll never be as fast as Best.

8. ALX25

ALX25 Cameron Ciraldo

9. Billy

It's probably just me, but I was more impressed with Sasagi than Starford Toa.

kdog1 likes this.