2018 Harold Matts and SG Ball

Dureau has taken off the centres Best and Alexander and has replaced them with a prop and a hooker - just giving guys time for fitness I imagine.

44-12 fulltime in Ball.
Next week we play Parra.
In Mathews it should be the battle for the minor premiership, depending on scores in one other game.
In Ball, Parra will be desperate to win because they should make the 8 with a win, and will probably miss the 8 if they lose. We should finish 3rd or 4th, win or lose.

44-12 fulltime in Ball.
Next week we play Parra.
In Mathews it should be the battle for the minor premiership, depending on scores in one other game.
In Ball, Parra will be desperate to win because they should make the 8 with a win, and will probably miss the 8 if they lose. We should finish 3rd or 4th, win or lose.

I'n Matts its between Penrith & Knights for minor premiership.
Penrith play easy team St George
Knights play very hard team Parra

If both teams win it will come down to for - against. I think Penrith are odds on fav for minor premiership

Knights v Parra in Matts will be good gage for our boys going into Semi finals. Penrith beat us previously and I know parra were up 22-6 v Penrith with 15min to go and got over run loosing 25-22 so this weekends game should be a cracker.
I think this competition is wide open and the Knights, Parra, Penrith, Manly are fav to win the comp

Parra v Knights in Ball I think will go Knights way easy.
Parra have been hit with some very bad injuries to key players and and the last 4 weeks have shown that.
Those key players are Nsw & Australia players so there loss is huge for there team.

Knights will end up prob 3rd and will end up playing Penrith the team who touched us up last time we played. I know Penrith had 2 keys players missing that game so my opinion is both the Panthers and Roosters are the teams to beat in this competition.
But anything can happen.

Good luck Knights boyz

You get some very funny results in the last round of the junior reps.
The Parra side in Ball will have a lot of kids who will be playing their last game ever in an elite side if they lose, and they will be giving it everything they have. Our guys will be thinking about the finals and avoiding injury. I'm not saying Parra will win, but there are always a lot of upsets in round 9 because a lot of kids have the game of their lives because they think it might be their last.

They haven't updated the Harold Matts Ladder yet but we are in 1st with the Panthers 2nd and Eels 3rd

ROUND 9 HAROLD MATTS TEAM VS PARRAMATTA

1. Logan Radzievic
2. Montell Kuru
3. Tyrone Nean
4. Hayden Regan
5. Kodi Crowther
6. Noah Ryan
7. Jonah Pezet
8. Sam Robinson
9. Riley Jones
10. Elvino Mouralis
11. Tom Cant
12. Lachlan Williams
13. Brock Greacen

14. Zac Miller
15. Broc Hunt
16. Noah Nailagoliva
17. Max Bradbury

ROUND 9 SG BALL TEAM VS PARRAMATTA

1. Starford Toa
2. Toby Marks
3. Timanu Alexander
4. Bradman Best
5. Darcy Heaney
6. Jock Madden
7. Phoenix Crossland
8. Campbell Sheppard
9. Liam Wilkinson
10. Kingston Puru
11. Harry Croker
12. Cooper Jenkins
13. Jaron Purcell

14. Nathaneal Sasagi
15. Thomas Baker
16. Christian Ma'anaima
17. Brock Gardner
19. Taylor Fiu
22. Mitchell Black

http://live.nswrl.com.au/match/e3bcd74f6b87cf5fa/bbabfb9f3fde8ea69

http://live.nswrl.com.au/match/31e31c7899d7b38b3/be9743d090c5e9a2f

I haven't taken anything personally or been offended, not sure why you think that and I am not a family friend or family member. Also how have I been misleading or left anything open to interpretation?

I'm just correctly pointing out that your opinion is not shared by selectors with more experience and much better credentials than yourself and that you were incorrect in your claim that Wilkinson has never been previously picked in a representative squad.

You are also incorrect in your claim that "numerous spots were left open for country kids", there were only two positions, not numerous positions in the NSW Pathways squad.

Black didn't make the NSW Pathways squad a year young while eligible the same year Wilkinson did make the team, yet he also didn't make the team last year when he was the "right" age. It would be reasonable to suggest at least some of the selectors over these two seasons were the same. From the selection and non selection it would also be reasonable to suggest the selectors opinion was that Wilkinson was a better option and deserved a spot in the extended squad while Black didn't.

You asked "If he is that good why isn't he playing open nsw Chs, Aus School boys, Origin, or any other rep team.?" suggesting that Wilkinson is a lesser player because he did not make any of these sides. However when I again correctly pointed out the fact Black didn't make any of these sides either (as well as not making Pathways) rather than admitting that perhaps Black too is a lesser player your reply was that these teams are only "nice teams to make to put on your resume". Some people would suggest this is misleading and open to the interpretation that you are a hypocrite.

We are currently coming into Round 8 of the SG Ball competition. So far Wilkinson has been named to start five times and been named on the bench once and eighteenth man once. Black has been named to start three times and named on the bench twice. This would suggest that the opinion of the Knights coaches and selectors differs to yours and at this stage Wilkinson is a better player and option. Whether this be because of the age difference, maturity, size, skill, team dynamics or a combination of all.

Lets agree to disagree, Again its only yours & my opinion.
We both obviously follow Newcastle Knights and there juniors. Lets look at it like this, Both good young prospects in the making.

Would of been an interesting game in Ball if Parra hooker wasnt injured early in the season, As it would of given you & i an indication for both Black and Wilkinson to compare to.
The Parra hooker is
2013-14-15 ex Knights junior.
2016 Nsw u16s origin hooker and captain.
2016 Parra GF winner & captain Harold matts
2017 Parra GF winner & captain SG Ball a year young
2017 Nsw u18s origin hooker a year young
2017 Nsw CHS hooker captain a year young
2017 Australian school boys Hooker a year young

But im excited to see both Black and Wilkinson develope over the next 2 years

Panthers have won their last game 50-0 in Mathews, so we need to beat Parra by 37 points to get the minor premiership. Parra have the best defence in the comp so i'd say we are playing for second place today. Parra finish 2nd and us 3rd if they beat us - we finish 2nd if we beat them, or 1st if we can put 37 gap on them.

6-0 to Parra after 20 minutes.
A hard defensive game is just what we need coming into the finals.

22-0
no score for the first 20 minutes and then we give up 4 tries in 10 minutes - that should be halftime.

Back