2018 halves combination

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Dodge23

Dodge23 Greg Smith

Only going by current signings and my best guess so i definitely will be wrong on a few.

I hope the Lamb/Watson partnership carries us forward and becomes a strong partnership.

My only fear is having a dominant half out of them who takes control and can structure our attack as that's what good halves do.

I don't know who mentioned it earlier but watching Cronk dictate play, telling his players what to do, who takes what run, when, where etc. Melbourne players know their role, both before the whistle (ie coaching/gameplan) and during and a lot is due to on field game management. You watch Cronulla's finals loss and see Fifita running to the sideline when a field goal is on offer and i can tell you, no Cronk directed side would do that, they'd keep the ball central to give themselves a field goal opportunity. Same reason QLD always beat us in origin, game management and on field direction

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beatell likes this.
  2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson has only been starting 5/8 for the roosters 10 times for 4 wins.
    Lamb only has 3 wins I think, and none as a 7.
    They are very young and inexperienced.
    You can't expect much.

3. Beatell

Beatell Matt White

It’s a bit like the so called big 4 at the Tigers great hopes but yet to achieve an older head wouldn’t hurt them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I still have concerns about Lamb's general kicking game, it was average for a lot of last season, at times it was even bad. I'm not sure what Watson's kicking is like but if he is just a running five-eighth, then we need Lamb's boot to develop quickly otherwise we'll just have another Tyrone Roberts on our hands.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Lamb has the best kicking game for a young bloke I've ever seen. He kicked for touch a lot because Brown told him to kick for touch a lot.

6. Battler

Battler George Mann

This.
    I have massive hopes for Brock Lamb, and Connor Watson is an exciting signing. But if we can add an experienced (quality) half to the mix, I think we would be mad not to. We have the most exciting, green, inexperienced and vulnerable spine in the entire comp. We need an experienced hand (and I don't feel Hodko is it).

EASBay17 likes this.