2018 halves combination

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He wouldn't have signed Watson in the first place if he didn't think his running game was any good. The only chance Brown changes his mind on the 6 I reckon is if Lamb develops into an impeccable try-assist & kicking MOM type player week after week in reserve grade, which I think is quite possible too.

2. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

When i wrote this i just meant Ponga as a fullback with a kicking game will help out not that he would be at 6 ...Although i said he would make a good 6 when we signed him we have that position covered with Watson and Lamb now so i would not move Ponga from 1 but a 1 with a kicking game is a big advantage just like a 9 with a kicking game .....

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Top fullbacks have played in he backline for decades. Best two produced locals for this were Les Johns and Ron Munro.

Ethan likes this.
  4. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Jeff Doyle

I wish Levi would work with the Johns brothers, having a 9 who can kick is a huge advantage

Ethan and Beatell like this.
  5. BargeArse

BargeArse Tony Kemp

I would think the benefit of training with Matthew Johns is him teaching you how to better read/understand the game as a playmaker. From what I’ve read about some of his past work with Cronk, Munster, etc. he also helps to simplify the game for you and identifies your strengths so you can play within yourself. That goes beyond position. You can gain a wealth of knowledge from him whether you’re in the halves or playing fullback.

Nickwpearce, Lefty and Aidos like this.
  6. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Adam Woolnough

If Craig believes Matty johns has been nothing but an asset for the Storm, I would tend to believe him.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Regardless of our thoughts or opinions, Bellyache has provided the goods again and again.