2018 Community Season Launch

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jan 20, 2018.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Knights announce 2018 Community Season Launch

Newcastle Knights
    Fri 19 Jan 2018, 05:41 PM

The nib Newcastle Knights are holding their 2018 Community Season Launch at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday, February 17.

| REGISTER HERE FOR THE 2018 COMMUNITY SEASON LAUNCH |

This year the event will be open to the whole community, as well as Members, for a day of free fun and entertainment.

“We are looking forward to celebrating the start of the season with our Members and fans at our 2018 Community Season Launch,” coach Nathan Brown said.

“The launch will be a great start to our season and a chance for all players to get to know our passionate red and blues supporters.”

The 2018 Community Season Launch will have a variety of entertainment for the whole family and things to keep the kids busy, including a jumping castle, mobile zoo, junior clinic, cheerleading clinic, bungee try activity and a mechanical football.

The 2018 playing squad will be in attendance, with the event a perfect opportunity for Members and fans to meet some of the team’s newest faces and catch up with their favourite Knights players for a signed autograph.

“The team is looking forward to meeting all our Members and fans at the Community Season Launch before the start of an exciting 2018 season,” Knights forward Jamie Buhrer said.

“We’re thankful for their continued support and we can’t wait to see them on the day.”

Members will benefit from exclusive Member only activities on the day.

They can take a behind the scenes tour of McDonald Jones Stadium and the players’ changerooms or become a journalist for the day and question the players in a mock press conference.

Members can also meet some of the Knights Old Boys and check out the 1997 and 2001 trophies.

To take advantage of the exclusive activities, fans can become a Member today or sign up on the day.

Fans are encouraged to REGISTER for the event to have a chance to win a team signed 2018 jersey. However, to win the signed jersey the fan must be present at the Community Season Launch on February 17.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/01/19/knights-announce-2018-community-season-launch/

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    If sausage sangas on the menu, guess it is a bit much to ask for one to be mailed up?

3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Anybody else get to the Season launch today?

I honestly thought there would be a lot more people there.

They had some activities for the kids to do, ball riding like bull riding, had some players kicking balls around with kids, a tesla model S was there to check out, photo booth etc. Members only tour of the dressing sheds, old boys to get a pic with along with the 97 and 2001 trophies, mock press conference for fans to fire questions to players.

There was also a members only tour of the change rooms but I didn't realise you had to book a time for that and it was booked out.

Team was there rotating in groups of 5 or so around different activities etc. Went for 3 hours in total.

Some pics from the event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Tony Butterfield was there also but didn't get a solo pic of him, just with me in it, and one with the kids with him. Also Browny was there as well greeting fans, taking pics etc, same deal, forgot to get a solo pic of him and just one with me and kids etc.

Walked out on to the field and first thing I saw was the giant screen up the Northern end, I'd read they were replacing the existing screen with one twice the size they got from parra stadium, I'd driven past a few times and thought gee, that screen looks the same size to me. Hadn't been past in the other direction so didn't know the screen was put up the norther end.

Going to be great to watch replays and actually see something on the screen :)

Beaumont and Frank McWilliams like this.
  5. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Tony Townsend

Retired
    I was there

Kurriboy likes this.
  6. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Matt Jobson

1500 more people there this year than last year.

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

I wonder where they get the numbers from? I never beeped my member card as I walked in, just walked straight in.

8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Guessometer

Beaumont likes this.
  9. EASBay17

EASBay17 David Lomax

The hill looks really strange with nothing but the screen there, i sat at the southern end at a jets game earlier in the year, no problems seeing the screen... its huge, never looked that big at parra stadium

Kurriboy likes this.
  10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

The old screen was way too small. Whenever a vid ref was called you couldn't see anything on the southern screen, going to be great next year actually seeing what is going on in replays.

Joshhh and Barry Crush like this.
  11. Adam76

Adam76 Michael McKeirnan

I was there with my little one. All the player were very accommodating signing her jersey and having a photo.
    It was a little bit disorganised. I was there at 9am, gates opened at 9.15am and no one welcomed the crowd until about 10am.
    All in all a pleasant experience but could have been better.
    Coach Brown and the players that I spoke with sounded genuinely very excited about the season which gave me goose bumps.
    Hurry up round 1.

Kurriboy and Tasgirl like this.