2017 Test Series: Australia vs India - 4th Test

The Indian critics said we were our worst team ever to their country and that we would lose 4 nil. It looks as thought we will lose 2-1, so we have done better than many expected.

There are a number positives we can take out of the tour, the batting of Smith, Renshaw, Maxwell and Handscomb in the third test and the bowling of Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins, Lyon and O'Keefe.

Hopefully we will regroup and smash the Poms at home next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless we make serious changes starting with Warner and Marsh for beginners, we won't beat the Poms no way José. We might beat Sri Lanka and NZ but not much more.

I have no idea why Marsh was ever selected over Khwaja. Take him away from Perth and he is a flop. Cummins proved himself strong, tragedy about Starc as he was our best pace bowler, Renshaw played quite good and Handscomb is still a little up and down but this was a hard tour playing on prepared wickets, Maxi and Wade tried hard. Still my favourite whinge one day cricket is killing our test chances and as for this silly 20/20 stuff, made for commercial TV and Warner is a serious victim of it.

Unless we make serious changes starting with Warner and Marsh for beginners, we won't beat the Poms no way José. We might beat Sri Lanka and NZ but not much more.

I have no idea why Marsh was ever selected over Khwaja. Take him away from Perth and he is a flop. Cummins proved himself strong, tragedy about Starc as he was our best pace bowler, Renshaw played quite good and Handscomb is still a little up and down but this was a hard tour playing on prepared wickets, Maxi and Wade tried hard. Still my favourite whinge one day cricket is killing our test chances and as for this silly 20/20 stuff, made for commercial TV and Warner is a serious victim of it.

The selectors don't think Khawaja can bat on turners as he failed when we were in Sri Lanka. Since then he had an excellent summer and established himself as a regular in the team. They should have given him a chance in India. I'm sure he'll be back for the home tests.

They won't drop Warner for the start of the next test series but hopefully it is not far away. I'm sick of his reckless batting. IMO he should be dropped and someone else given a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no shame in losing to India in India and the boys have far exceeded all expecatations

As Lefty said there are alot of positives to take away from this series

Very proud of the Aussie team !!

It's all over with India winning by 8 wickets

Good series for us and we learned alot I think

Well done boys and congratulations to India on their victory

The bad news for India is that every side touring there now will do a camp in Dubai with spinning coaches familiar with Indian conditions like we did from now on.

Yes Australia might consider it a small victory cause the so called experts predicted a 4-0 whitewash.

But I can't help wonder. When Australia won the first test in Pune as easily as they did. Do you get a sense that they got ahead of themselves thinking we have the series in the bag and have beaten India at their own game

So at the Presentation Steve Smith said this:

"I have been very intense and in my own little bubble and at times I have let my emotions actions falter a little bit throughout this series and I apologise for that.

"That's a big stride for me moving forward and something I can really learn from and continue to grow as an individual and as a leader."

When asked about his friendships with some Aussie players before the 1st test Kohli said:

"I'm really good friends with all these guys off the field"

Today when asked about those friendships Kohli said:

"No, it has changed," Kohli told a post-match media conference when asked if he stood by his affirmation of friendly rivalry made earlier in the series.

"I thought that was the case, but it has changed for sure.

"As I said, in the heat of the battle you want to be competitive but I've been proven wrong.

"The thing I said before the first Test, that has certainly changed and you won't hear me say that ever again."

Did you see the video of Australia sledging Jadeja? Dunno why Smith thinks they'd be great mates after that.

That sorta thing is really what stopped me playing myself, I just didn't enjoy going along to get abused and told how crap I was non stop for as long as I was batting every week. Sadly that stuff filters down to the lower grades.

that's a really good comment @jamesgould, I totally agree. The continual sledging in the non professional game will effect player numbers. Many a time i wanted to kill an opposition player. What makes it worse, a lot of the time there are no official umpires to keep it under control.

Wade, especially, needs to shut his mouth and concentrate on his job of catching the bloody ball.

Whatever happened to playing tough but fair ??

You don't need to be abusive and carry on like a tosser, Let your bowling/batting do the talking for you

Kohli is just as bad as Smith if not worse, Lots of blame to go around in both teams

Just about every player got into it at some stage throughout the series

I used to cop quite a bit because I was over-weight and it used to really get to me but I learned that if I just put my head down and concentrated on my job as a batsman I could get the last laugh...Didn't always work (I wasn't exactly Bradman lol) but when they realized that the constant fat comments didn't get to me they gave up trying to sledge me

Back