2017 Test Series: Australia vs India - 3rd Test

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by rhugh89, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Lefty

Lefty Dave Woods

Ah, bias against left handlers. Thankfully times have changed!!!

Border, Taylor, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc - we are so much richer because of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Lefty

Lefty Dave Woods

Oh, I forgot to say, I agree with you on Warner. He has been found out on this tour, he has shown himself to be unable to occupy the cease and hold out the opposition.

I would drop him for the next test, he clearly showed last night that he could not handle the pressure when he came into bat. It would be best for him if he did not play in the next game.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

just batting practice now.

4. Lefty

Lefty Dave Woods

What do you have to say about Shaun Marsh's innings?

He made 53 runs, faced 197 balls and with Handscomb saved the test match for Australia. He should be very proud of the way he batted today.

1 left hander and 1 right hander saved Australia.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

AUSTRALIA HAVE DONE IT, WHAT AN EFFORT !!!!

Kohli offers the draw and Australia accept, It's all over

4/63 at one point and on the verge of defeat Handscomb (72 off 200) and Marsh (53 off 197) put on a 124 run stand from 373 balls to deny India a win

We finish on 6/204 from 100 overs and the really pleasing part is we have proven we can fight hard and bat long periods

We batted 137 overs in the first innings and another 100 in the second innings in difficult conditions against a world class spin attack

We also had to endure 210 overs in the field watching the Indians smack us around and Pujara torture us with a 525 ball double century

They certainly have proved most people wrong (including me) with their efforts in this series, I thought 4-0 domination by India

1-1 heading into the 4th test and if India want the Border-Gavaskar trophy they need to win whereas a draw will do for Australia :applause:

Lefty likes this.
  6. IanG

IanG Darren Treacy

Storeman
    Aussies managed to get out of jail big time

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    About Marsh I say he applied himself very well. Still lucky to be there look at his performances overall. It is a real handicap doing most of his batting in Perth with a fast bouncy wicket. An average of 30 in this series is just not enough for a # 4 batsman. Mind you he is doing better than Warner.

Answer this for me Lefty. How many left handed players have won the British Open Golf Championship by standing on the wrong side of the ball. Perversion must be stopped I say!

Clue : You will only need your right hand old mate!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Going into the last test, nearly all of our batsmen have now become acclimatised to Indian conditions. Just Warner is struggling still.
    Beating India in India has always been really hard because the conditions are so different, but the team really did their homework. All the bowlers and all the batsmen were as ready for this as they could possibly be.

Lefty likes this.
  9. IanG

IanG Darren Treacy

Storeman
    I have a feeling the next test could play into Australia's favour. Dharamsla will be atypical Indian conditions. It's at the good of the Himalayas and a lot cooler.

10. Lefty

Lefty Dave Woods

Marsh got a bad decision in the last test which would have been overturned if it had been reviewed. The wickets in the first two tests were hard to bat on and the averages apart from Smith were down. Marsh justified his selection yesterday.

I don't care about Golf, so I would not know about how good or not lefties are at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    I hear Warner on ABC Radio this morning talking up how he and Renshaw have got to do a better job opening. Renshaw has been brilliant and Warner crap.

I do not think he ever had the mental capacity to bat all day and is a sucker for a ball bowled across his body. Ishant Sharma and company knows that lol!

Lefty likes this.