Discussion in 'Rep Footy' started by rhugh89, May 11, 2017.
Bloody oath Billy, I didn't know his defence was that good either
What a performance from NSW, That's our biggest ever win at Suncorp Stadium
Can't fault the effort of anyone in the team really, They all contributed in some way
Fifita and Tedesco were outstanding, Peats was great on debut making a whopping 53 tackles and missing just 3
Tedesco stopped 2 tries from QLD, Cordner held up Boyd and Dugan stopped Guerra over the line
Normally it's QLD coming up with those plays but our goal-line defnce was fantastic
Mitchell Pearce grabbed a try too and I thought he was having a good game, Shame he had to go off
Some stats from the game:
- Possession was 50% to each team
- NSW completed at 90%, QLD competed at 83%
- Run meteres pretty similar too, NSW with 1,802m and QLD with 1,647m
- Both teams missed alot of tackles but with the pace and physicality that's no surprise, QLD missed 58 tackles and NSW missed 48 tackles
- 3 penalties each was good to see, Nobody wants to see a whistle-fest
- 6 errors from both teams
- Corey Oates with 158m from 20 runs and a try
- Will Chambers with 184m from 23 runs but 5 missed tackles as well
- Dane Gagai made the most metres for QLD, He made 220m from 21 runs and got a line break
- Worst culprits for missed tackles from QLD were O'Neill and Morgan with 8 each, Smith and Gillett with 7 each and Napa with 6
- Tedesco got 189m, 2 line breaks, 1 try assist and a try plus he saved 2 tries
- Brett Morris racked up 143m and 1 line break
- Jarryd Hayne got 139m, 1 line break and a try
- Blake Ferguson got 140m from 18 runs
- James Maloney got 83m, 2 line breaks and a try
- Once again Woodsy does what he does at Origin level racking up 136m
- Andrew Fifita was amazing, He got 183m in 48 minutes and got 1 try assist and a try
- Cordner put in a great performance in his debut as captain, He got 151m and 37 tackles
- David Klemmer is not human, He made 172m in 44 minutes off the bench
- Jake Trbojevic was solid too, He got 87m and 23 tackles in his debut game after playing 44 minutes
- Peats on debut made 53 tackles and missed just 3
- Dugan and Maloney missed 8 tackles each
There was an allegation of eye gouging by Myles on Hayne
Video in the link below
Thought it was pretty dirty, but in a free flowing way. It seemed like every tackle involved a high tackle or elbows, but the refs kept the whistle away tonight & the game flowed. In the past the game has been really slow & the niggle gets to a point where players want to fight.
I thought it got pretty dirty out there.
If it were a club game there would have been 20 penalties and 3 or 4 guys would be looking at suspensions.
The canetoads really have some work to do. Napa after all his big mouthing had a shocker. Myles is like me, an old, old man out there trying to manage Fifita and Klemmer.
To me the Broncs forwards all looked a bit plump and ran out of puff. Cronk had a shocker and Milford looked overawed. First change Slater back to #1, and Boyd to inside Oates. Second change O'Neill just out.
When behind the toads reveal their real grub features. Pierce was hit by a shoulder charge aimed to take him out, Myles can't help himself and master grub Smith tries anything.
That was the best game I've seen NSW play in 10 years, easily. The completions, the resilience, turning up on every single play, the attack. It was an outstanding game to watch and for the first time in ages it was a free flowing game with very minimal referee interference. To top it off we kept them to a single try all on their home turf!
Can't wait for game two, it's gonna be something special if we can win the series at home, again.
Separate names with a comma.