2017 Pre-Season

I'm guessing those two would be Kostjasyn who has already signed and Buhrer(?). Both solid signings, not the flashiest but definitely a step in the right direction for future recruitment. Brown isn't going to hold back in the pre-season either, they're going to get flogged.
That's the other important part of that interview.
He says 3 guys showed up at last pre season 10kg overweight (Pat Mat, Mataora, Uate and Snowy?) and said it took till the end of pre season for them to be where they should have been at the start. He then goes on to say the young guys have had it stressed to them that they need to show up fit to get into training.

I read all the reports and watched all the footage last pre season, and, at the time, it all seemed to be going well. Afterwards we heard that guys like Snowy, Mullo, Hodko, Gagai, Rochow, Stockwell were all getting over injuries and barely trained, others were fat and unmotivated, and it was basically just kids like Cogger, Lamb, Pearsall, Braidie Smith, Levi etc who were having a go.

Lordy has quite the following. This newbie and Ryan. Combined 7 brain cells between the 3 of them.

Why did I get dragged into this?
To be fair it was a good feeling to see Thurston lose, bounce of almost very tackle and play like a goose. The media will ignore it of course but I enjoyed watching the real jt

Why is everyone "hateing" on Thurston?....I think he is a brilliant player and a nice man......you can all throw stones at me if you want , but in my opinion he is a better player than Joey was.

Of course he is just brilliant and like all top players the ole green eyed monster lurks amongst us. You can't compare players at their top if they did not play one another. For mine I think Matty had by far the better football brain of the two. Of the players I have seen, it is hard to split Churchill, Gasner (R), Chook, Coote, Billy Smith, Reilly, John Gray, Langlands, Terry Lamb, Joey and Matt, Freddie and Alfie to name a few. Those grubs of halves always get the praises lol!

Just keep dancing arond your maypole ryan .

Johns changed the way half backs play and hit like a bus in defence. JT's a Champion but is a long way short of Joey defence. Both would be Champions in any era but at 55 and just about wooted I'd still like my chances of busting through a Thurston tackle. One player's name I never see mentioned is B Clyde. Not for 1 second suggesting He's the best ever but I reckon he was the first of the big athletic back rowers that now appear in every team.

All great players change the way the game is played and if that is the sole judging rule, toss up between Gasnier (R) and Churchill with probably the little master winning.

My beef with Thurston comes from him portrayal, there's not doubt he's a good player but he is way overly rated in the media which for some reason gets to me haha
They portray him as a god off the field where we all know that's not the case, he gives away his headgear every game because he knows it will get him positive reviews in media, not because he cares about the kids.
On the field he does some good things don't get me wrong but he goes missing a lot of the time, couldn't tackle if his life depended on it and fails to lead.

he gives away his headgear every game because he knows it will get him positive reviews in media, not because he cares about the kids.

I actually respected your opinion up until this statement because honestly, what a ridiculous thing to say.

My beef with Thurston comes from him portrayal, there's not doubt he's a good player but he is way overly rated in the media which for some reason gets to me haha
They portray him as a god off the field where we all know that's not the case, he gives away his headgear every game because he knows it will get him positive reviews in media, not because he cares about the kids.
On the field he does some good things don't get me wrong but he goes missing a lot of the time, couldn't tackle if his life depended on it and fails to lead.
Time to let that hatred go mate.

Should be letting it go I know, just infuriates me how much he get blown out of proportion.
I just don't think children should be looking up to such a sore loser. When he wins he is fine, but as soon as he starts losing again its conspiracy theory this, swearing at refs that.

Should be letting it go I know, just infuriates me how much he get blown out of proportion.
I just don't think children should be looking up to such a sore loser. When he wins he is fine, but as soon as he starts losing again its conspiracy theory this, swearing at refs that.

Johns threw his mouth guard into the ground after getting beaten 1 night and it made headlines.

Why is everyone "hateing" on Thurston?....I think he is a brilliant player and a nice man......you can all throw stones at me if you want , but in my opinion he is a better player than Joey was.

Brave lady saying that on here.

Korbin Sims named for Fiji, but interestingly, the Saifiti brothers aren't named.

Mick Potter is the coach, so maybe he knows the Saifiti's deserve and need a long break now - or maybe they are catching up on their Uni work and can't play.

Fiji Bati
1. Kevin Naiqama (Wests Tigers)
2. Tyrone Phillips (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
3. Waqa Blake (Penrith Panthers)
4. Brayden Williame (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
5. Marcelo Montoya (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Sitveni Moceidreke (North Sydney Bears)
7. Henry Raiwalui (Wentworthville Magpies)
8. Vitale Roqica (Cronulla Sharks)
9. Apisai Koroisau (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
10. Kane Evans (Sydney Roosters)
11. Viliame Kikau (Penrith Panthers)
12. Eloni Vunakece (Sydney Roosters)
13. Korbin Sims (Newcastle Knights)
14. Erevonu (Tui) Kamikamica (Melbourne Storm)
15. Petero (Ben) Nakubuwai (Melbourne Storm)
16. Pio Seci (Fiji)
17. James Storer (Port Kembla - Illawarra)
18. Saimoni Lomaloma (Fiji)

I think certain people have a go at Thurston purely because he isn't in knights colours lol

I think it's the commentators obsession with him that ticks people off. They overate his performances and overlook any weaknesses. He's not alone they've done it previously with Hayne, Lockyer and even Johns. He's one of the best ever no doubt but due to his poor defence he cannot be considered the best imo.

I definitely agree with you about him not being the best, Johns was the best halfback as he had it all.

I just think people bag out JT on this forum because they wish he was in our team and we had success or just to stir cowboyman.

Back