2017 Auckland Nines

Getting back on topic, Alot of people saying the Nines should be moved away from Auckland after the poor attendances on the weekend

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts and possibilities for a new location ??

PERTH.

it would be a great way to bring the state closer to the nrl platform.

They have the venue to hold a big crowd
Its also a natural venue for all nrl clubs.

Honestly think its the best option for the next few 9s

Getting back on topic, Alot of people saying the Nines should be moved away from Auckland after the poor attendances on the weekend

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts and possibilities for a new location ??
Brisbane seems to be the strong rumour that it will be at next year.

I'd personally like it to stay in Auckland. Great stadium and location. We don't do enough events in NZ imo.

I'd personally like it to stay in Auckland. Great stadium and location. We don't do enough events in NZ imo.

I guess the question is would they get more than 20,000 on the Sunday if it went to Brisbane ??

The main criticism seems to be crowd numbers but I think 20,000+ for what is essentially a pre-season trial tournament isn't too bad

Which ever team wins it should host it

I'm with you sau.

And Lwft Foot I will leave it to your wild, fervid imagination as to why members don't believe you, otherwise if I said what I think you do, I may also be banned!

And on a lesser note, you always get it wrong!

Last edited:
I am Lefty, Left Foot is another member. I know it is easy to confuse the 2 names but where're two different members.

If he keeps creating new accounts and posting just ignore him guys, Josh2010 or myself will ban him and delete his posts

Im with perth, they fill their stadiums when they get an NRL game so i have no doubt they would get good crowds for the 9s. also it becomes a more tv friendly timeslot for the east coast starting in the arvo and running into primetime.

I'm with you sau.

And lefty I will leave it to your wild, fervid imagination as to why members don't believe you, otherwise if I said what I think you do, I may also be banned!

And on a lesser note, you always get it wrong!

Where are all the Meany fans hiding today?

- - - Updated - - -

The 9s tournament highlights one thing for me, we continue to suck at identifying and developing good young talent especially outside backs.
The likes of Meaney, Mamo, Dennis etc is an embarrassment when you look at other clubs young talent coming through.

Where are all the Meany fans hiding today?

- - - Updated - - -

The 9s tournament highlights one thing for me, we continue to suck at identifying and developing good young talent especially outside backs.
The likes of Meaney, Mamo, Dennis etc is an embarrassment when you look at other clubs young talent coming through.

We keep telling ourselves that this one's only 19 or that one's only 20 give them a couple of years blah blah blah blah. Then I watch other Clubs produce younger players that look at home straight away in the top grade. I know there's exceptions like Sione and the Twins but fair dinkum I don't care whether it's 9's, 13's or 56's most of our young fellas look yards of the pace.

We keep telling ourselves that this one's only 19 or that one's only 20 give them a couple of years blah blah blah blah. Then I watch other Clubs produce younger players that look at home straight away in the top grade. I know there's exceptions like Sione and the Twins but fair dinkum I don't care whether it's 9's, 13's or 56's most of our young fellas look yards of the pace.

Its embarrassing when we have to recruit a guy like Elliot to play wing for us in first grade.

Who's the one that got banned?

I think the 9's should be taken to the teams outside the big cities plus Perth.

Newcastle, Canberra, Townsville etc.

Back