2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 24.5tks and 77.3m a game in 36mins averaged his not fit enough or strong enough for a nrl gig.

Yates does similar numbers and he's not far off Origin apparently ;)

In an ideal world we'd see;

Dan
Levi
New Signing
Sione
Buhrer
New Signing

New Signing
New Signing
Jacob
Barnett

But the ship might have sailed there.

Yates does similar numbers and he's not far off Origin apparently ;)

In an ideal world we'd see;

Dan
Levi
New Signing
Sione
Buhrer
New Signing

New Signing
New Signing
Jacob
Barnett

But the ship might have sailed there.

Yates is only 10 games into the nrl with 1 game started where him numbers in that game are by far better then starling has ever produced in his 80nrl games.
Add to the fact Yates is 10cm shorter and 20kg lighter... think we can agree whom has a bigger future if given the time and chance.

Eh, Starling might end up playing 100 games of first grade. Very much doubt Yates does.

Just had a quick check. Starling 2014 semi-final 17 runs, 196m, 32 tackles...

Happy that king re-signed, really puts work in
I'd love to see Pauli pauli with an uninterrupted preparation and Abit more weight on him so hope they give him a crack.

Also I'm taking from what browny said in the press about gagai and how they'll be using his money "wisely" as an indication this thread is going to be quiet for a lot longer.

Happy that king re-signed, really puts work in
I'd love to see Pauli pauli with an uninterrupted preparation and Abit more weight on him so hope they give him a crack.

Also I'm taking from what browny said in the press about gagai and how they'll be using his money "wisely" as an indication this thread is going to be quiet for a lot longer.
yes they are waiting for 2021 when Mullen is available.

Starling tries his hardest, and what he delivers is the best he has to give, which isn't enough.
We do look very short of middle forwards next year, with only the Saifiti's, Barnett and Josh King signed at this stage, so he might get a contract as a squad player.
I am not saying I think we should or shouldn't re-sign him, I just think we will! Personally I would keep him for the right money as depth!

Agree Longprong. If we let Mickey Paea, Mataora and Stockwell go, playing reggies he has the experience to help the young guys coming up and can fill in as a bench player where needed.

I would like to see Mataora given a few games in first grade so show what he is capable of. He was one of our starting props last year and he has been injured and then recovering from from injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No point signing them if they aren't marquee ballboys. Bringing back Brett Finch is the way i'd go.

Your kidding yourself Billy. All the marquee ball boys have been signed already. What we need now is just good solid ballboys that can reliably churn through meters up and down the sideline all game. Boys probably not looking to ball boy at origin level, but nonetheless ball boy their hearts out for the team!

Your kidding yourself Billy. All the marquee ball boys have been signed already. What we need now is just good solid ballboys that can reliably churn through meters up and down the sideline all game. Boys probably not looking to ball boy at origin level, but nonetheless ball boy their hearts out for the team!
As long as they are 5 years old or younger, and still have their best years in front of them.

Exactly, perhaps ball boys currently at other clubs being held out of ball boying the top grade by other, older ball boys.

We can't hold on for that marquee ball boy any longer, we should put it out there that we are willing to pay good money to attract the right ball boy, and hopefully they will ask for a release from their club to walk our line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back