2017/2018 Knights Rumours and Signings

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Nov 13, 2016.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Adam MacDougall

We dont want honesty when its our own player... why would we expect it from the nrl ceo? That would be crazy....
    Ba boom tink

2. daverene

daverene Glen Frendo

Software developer
    I thought I would always love watching the NRL, but these TPA's are starting to make me loose interest the first time in 30 years, it is despicable, I never thought I would consider watching GayFL!

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Didn't we discuss assumptions, but I guess this take suits your story?

88Knight4life likes this.
  4. 88Knight4life

Farken uppercut ya self now son

5. daverene

daverene Glen Frendo

Software developer
    you must be a happy chappy with the current TPA agreements?

6. 88Knight4life

I will be when our club can find a owner and then utilize the same system as the other clubs!

Sucks now cause we are mess behind doors and in the open but times are a changing.

7. daverene

daverene Glen Frendo

Software developer
    What percent change do you see Wests buying the Knights? And if they do, when might it happen?

8. 88Knight4life

Rumor is 50%
    Imo none... the nrl are asking to much for no reward other then good will to the nrl/knights/community.
    Tough sell at 15mil.

9. Hunter93

Hunter93 Steve Simpson

The board are split down the middle about it. Phil really wants it though and he usually gets what he wants.

Chief Longhorn and 88Knight4life like this.
  10. listo

listo Darren Treacy

I was talking to a 45 year die hard Rabbitohs fan this week & we both agreed that AFL isn't looking all that bad these days.
    The refs know the rules in that game, fans, players & even officials don't seem to know them in ours anymore.
    The top teams get the most favourable calls & the rub of the green weather it's right or wrong, you have to keep the glamour teams on top.
    The game's getting like the country, over regulated. It used to be game that only the toughest played, now it's not far off soccer. 10 mins for a slap? How does get ****ed sound?
    I love my Knights & he his Rabbitohs & always will. But both of us have gone from watching every game, every week to just trying to see as many of our teams games that we can.
    Rugby League for us now, is something out of habit that we've always done, that's why we still watch. It used to be an addiction but that's been broken... how long until the habits broken? Some can argue all they want, but league is losing more fans than they gain

Battler and 88Knight4life like this.
  11. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Lussick would be a good signing imo! Especially if we can get him mid year

8 D.Saifiti
    9 Levi
    10 Lussick
    11 Sione
    12 Buhrer
    13 Barnett
    14 Stone
    15 Yates
    16 J.Saifiti
    17 Randell/Starling

12. BETTERTHANLEGO

BETTERTHANLEGO David Boyd

Like to see brown drop gagai and put sione back out in the centres at some point seeing as Barnett is coming back imo not much going on the centres in off contract players that we could actually get.

MisterLevy and beau like this.
  13. 88Knight4life

There is a few and we have a couple in cup worth trying out.
    Elliot is a pretty solid centre more so then wing imo... and once in the clear he can motor which i was very suprised with!
    Tom Hughes is a very strong guy who is worth giving a go soon.
    Ideally though a centre or winger with some hight about them would be great... skd is still a option and at 195cm 105kg is bang on that size factor.

beau likes this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That Lachlan Farr in our NYC squad is a massive unit, but I wonder if wing is his spot. First time I saw him run I thought "who is that massive prop, swatting guys away like they are there"
    His profile says 198cm and 95kg - but he is bigger than that - Daniel Saifiti type big.

Hughburt6 likes this.
  15. Beatell

Beatell Jeff Doyle

I can't agree with this Gags has always been a team player and given his all for our club on and off the field. We can hardly blame him for seeking a better financial and opportunity for himself and family. I would do the same in my line of work also and I would gather most of everyone here would also. He could have left last year but to his credit has seen out his contract and done his best to improve our club including helping to Lure Ponga here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Foot likes this.
  16. listo

listo Darren Treacy

I'm shattered they let Dane go, he's one guy that's busted his arse for the red & blue & earned his place in Knights history.
    Wherever he goes, I wish him all the best & hope he only has a couple of bad games a year... against us

Joshhh likes this.
  17. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Graham Settree

Maybe North Queensland!

18. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Graham Settree

What happened with you and Brown mate??? You didn't like the smell of his cologne in the tunnel when you were limping in for a shower and he was running out for firsts!

88Knight4life likes this.
  19. Left Foot

Left Foot Shane Christensen

Hear hear.
    Even though Ponga is coming for the money, Gagai played a major role in getting him here.

20. Anthony01

Anthony01 Robbie McCormack

Out of curiousity does anyone know if SKD and Elliot ever played together during their time at the Roosters. Don't know if we would still sign him but that could possibly be a pretty lethal combo. Ross and Pete seem to be gelling well on the other side to.