2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Billy, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I don't get where these slanging matches are happening? It just all seems like normal conversation between people who have differing opinions to me?

I don't want to see people getting into heated arguments coz it puts new people off joining and existing members off posting. But I really haven't particularly noticed anything in recent times? And have been trying my best to nip anything in the bud that seems to be heading down that route.

Off topic stuff I'm not too bothered about apart from that flaming Ponga thread haha.

Honestly I don't think people realise how much it takes out of you trying to keep the wheels spinning on a forum like this, and trying to keep it in line with the values you hold for it, it virtually gives you a breakdown after a month or so. Hence my disappearing acts in recent years.

Jekk, Beaumont, Lefty and 6 others like this.
  2. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Danny Levi

The stat dec idea is a no brainer. Should have been implemented after the first cap scandal. I can't see what excuse there is for it not to have been.

My idea behind declaring all income is based on the fact that it is usually the better players that attract more money outside of footy. They would probably bring more sponsorship to the club and attract other good players.

Some sort of draft is a no brainer also.

The problem with any idea though is that the players have too much power.

3. Beatell

Beatell Jason Hoogerworf

i dont think much will change until they get control of the TPA's its a salary cap on top of the salary cap for those clubs that can afford it.

4. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    For mine the NRL will not go down the draft line again after being badly burnt last time out and the 'restriction of trade' ruling against then.

If they wanted to do something like this, maybe the old transfer system would be re-introduced.

5. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.

That is Gold...well played Sir.xx:applause:

member 2299 likes this.
  6. Jaybro

Jaybro David Fa'alogo

Akoula and Kikau would be good signings not so sure about Afa from tigers don't rate him. Penrith have offered both these boys deals but surely we could out bid both of them. If we can get a big name forward I'd rather get some under rated guys looking for a decent run in FG ......

Imo both these boys from the panthers would make our 17 easy ......

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    We need a top quality, experienced prop, or maybe two, not untried young fellas. We have plenty of our own already.

8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    I'll happily take it on the chin if I'm wrong, but even with the media and their circus acts regarding player contracts you'd think we'd have at least heard a bit more from our end in the last couple of days.

Tasgirl likes this.
  9. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Darren Meredith

Tips for managing complaints
    When choosing your approach for communicating with a customer, think about how you would like to be treated if you were making a complaint to a business.

Model the type of conversation you want to have with customers who are making a complaint. This may include making it clear to the customer that you are eager to listen and treating them with courtesy and consideration.

If your customer is agitated or hostile, explain to them that a calm, courteous level of conversation will be the fastest way to resolve their issue. You can also ask for their commitment to courtesy.

The following tips offer approaches to managing a customer complaint on an interpersonal level and an organisation-wide level.

Interpersonal approaches to managing complaints
    • Speak to the customer in person.
    • Thank the customer for raising their complaint with you.
    • Treat the customer with genuine empathy, courtesy, patience, honesty and fairness.
    • Respond to the complaint quickly.
    • Tell the customer how you will handle the complaint. If you can't resolve their complaint on the spot, tell them what will happen next and when. Ensure that you are honest and realistic.
    • Show the customer that you understand.
    • Research the situation before you speak to the customer (e.g. check records, speak to staff and check how these compare with the customer's version of events).
    • Listen intently, ask questions to clarify and summarise back to the customer your understanding of what they've said.
    • Don't jump to conclusions, lay blame or become defensive.
    • Focus on solutions and involve the customer in developing them. Negotiate a solution that is to everyone's satisfaction.
    • Keep the customer updated on progress, act quickly on promises and inform them when an action is completed. Tell them how you will prevent the issue from happening again.

10. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

People on here aren't customers.

If they were I'd say treat your customer service with a little more respect, they are people too. No need to try and humiliate them in public, it's quite a nasty thing to do.

MisterLevy and Jekk like this.
  11. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Haven't been on for a while due to work which is crazy atm but what a time to get back on :lol:

Few points for everyone and then hopefully the only discussion that will be happening in this thread is about forwards we are linked to and forwards you wouldn't mind seeing in the red and blue !!

1. Stay on topic - I've had to say this a few times in different threads but hopefully this time the message gets across. This thread is about the forwards we are/should be chasing not about anything else

2. Banter is fine, Joking is fine but there is a line and you guys know what it is and most of the time it isn't crossed which is a credit to all of you

3. If you guys see something that offends or insults then report it to us, That's what we are here for. Don't retaliate and don't inflame the situation

4. Mods and Admin - Do we do a good job ?? Yep for the most part but we can always improve !! If you have suggestions or things you think could be done a better way then Private message us or go to this new thread I just started in the Forum support and site announcements section, Please don't clog up threads with critiques of our performances as it steers them off topic and can turn pretty messy

5. Maybe I'm a little biased or maybe I have my head up my arse but I think the majority of you do the right thing and contribute in a positive way but there are a few who don't always do the right thing which is unfortunate. Rest assured we do discuss these issues and are aware of them

6. Recently due to a few personal issues I have realized that life is way too short for petty crap, Let's get on with it ladies and gents...Respect each others right to a differing view but more importantly try to respect each other

Long live the Knights, Have a great Easter everyone !!

:newcastle:

Lefty, MisterLevy, Matty23 and 3 others like this.
  12. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

I feel like there is a underlining msg in that for me @rhugh89 :giggle:

13. 88Knight4life

Hahahahaha ur a ship stirring trucker chief :dude:

14. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Hasler's hosing down the Graham getting pushed out rumours. Things could get pretty interesting in the next few weeks... :eek:

15. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    Here here, I don't know of anyone else who would pay hundreds to go TO work :p

MisterLevy and 88Knight4life like this.
  16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Lomax

What did he say?

17. 88Knight4life

If the salary cap is 20mill where a chance... jokingly

Then followed up with " of course he ( Graham ) is staying"

Article of fox sports but i cant load likes via phone... grr

Matty23 likes this.
  18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Lomax

Ah well, would have been surprised if Graham got pushed out at the dogs anyway.

But it's good to have a sniff of hope every now and then.

19. Jaybro

Jaybro David Fa'alogo

It's all well and good to say we need two rep front rowers, but we've had a crack at Vaughan, Scott, Finucane, Prior and now apparently Graham and so far we have not got one. We have a a few promising forwards but a lot of Journeymen who aren't going to get much better than what they already are. Guys like Kikau and Akoula may not be established NRL starters which we need but they are young, big and promising and have improvement in them.

Just saying we should be at least talking to them .....

20. TheBatman

TheBatman Graham Settree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.