2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Toohey saying Gagai to Souths will be a done deal and officially announced tomorrow but knights not allowing a mid season switch

It's like they are playing chicken with the board. See how long they can go without signing anybody whilst running out the excuse that "we aren't just going to sign anybody and need the right players"

It's tough enough as a supporter sitting and watching every other club signing players and were sitting here apparently just watching and waiting for that one or two marquee players we want.

What about the rest of the squad that needs filling out? Not the big names, but the toilers. We haven't signed any of them either.

I have a feeling our recruitment for next season will be done after the comp finishes much like it did last year ......

I'm sure there will be signings, the question is what sort of quality will be left/forced out by the end of the year.

Im extremely dubious there will be current rep players around.

A few buhrer/kostjaysn level signings will be more than helpful, but that's not what was being spruiked.

We don't have a board, just a group of smiling clowns you drop balls into at the show. Nothing will change whilst we are under control of Turdburg and company.

I think we will sign more average players for next year and a marquee for next year only if it fits for us.

If not we will sign a marquee for 2019.

Just look at the Tigers:

Matulino, McQueen, Packer, Reynolds, MWZ, possibly Fonua/Thompson/Eastwood on the books for 2018.

Us:

Thomas Cronan.

Sure will mate!

Also, it's pretty hilarious that the Ross Dawg isn't allowed to ask for an upgrade, but it's fine for all these potential targets to force their way out of their current contracts, and their clubs are just going to let them.

Just pray the salary cap is low, low, low.

Mooney would be working on something that's "not for the press" - much like the Ponga signing that came out of nowhere.
If we are stuck with a bunch of cash and no signings, I'd make every good player in the world cup that isn't in the NRL a one year offer for money they can't refuse, in the hope that a few of them turn out to be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back