2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Billy, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BETTERTHANLEGO

BETTERTHANLEGO Jacob Saifiti

Like to see brown drop gagai and put sione back out in the centres at some point seeing as Barnett is coming back imo not much going on the centres in off contract players that we could actually get.

MisterLevy and beau like this.
  2. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

There is a few and we have a couple in cup worth trying out.
    Elliot is a pretty solid centre more so then wing imo... and once in the clear he can motor which i was very suprised with!
    Tom Hughes is a very strong guy who is worth giving a go soon.
    Ideally though a centre or winger with some hight about them would be great... skd is still a option and at 195cm 105kg is bang on that size factor.

beau likes this.
  3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That Lachlan Farr in our NYC squad is a massive unit, but I wonder if wing is his spot. First time I saw him run I thought "who is that massive prop, swatting guys away like they are there"
    His profile says 198cm and 95kg - but he is bigger than that - Daniel Saifiti type big.

Hughburt6 likes this.
  4. Beatell

Beatell Charlie McAlister

I can't agree with this Gags has always been a team player and given his all for our club on and off the field. We can hardly blame him for seeking a better financial and opportunity for himself and family. I would do the same in my line of work also and I would gather most of everyone here would also. He could have left last year but to his credit has seen out his contract and done his best to improve our club including helping to Lure Ponga here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Foot likes this.
  5. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I'm shattered they let Dane go, he's one guy that's busted his arse for the red & blue & earned his place in Knights history.
    Wherever he goes, I wish him all the best & hope he only has a couple of bad games a year... against us

Joshhh likes this.
  6. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Darren Meredith

Maybe North Queensland!

7. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Darren Meredith

What happened with you and Brown mate??? You didn't like the smell of his cologne in the tunnel when you were limping in for a shower and he was running out for firsts!

88Knight4life likes this.
  8. Left Foot

Left Foot Mark Sargent

Hear hear.
    Even though Ponga is coming for the money, Gagai played a major role in getting him here.

9. Anthony01

Anthony01 Michael Reid

Out of curiousity does anyone know if SKD and Elliot ever played together during their time at the Roosters. Don't know if we would still sign him but that could possibly be a pretty lethal combo. Ross and Pete seem to be gelling well on the other side to.

10. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

Don't get used to Ross & Pete mate, Ross is off to the broncs next year on a contract that makes ours look like drinking silver

11. EASBay17

EASBay17 Rodney Howe

skd and elliot have played in the same team not sure if they lined up on same side or not. From memory every time i saw elliot play for the chooks it was in the centres.

12. EASBay17

EASBay17 Rodney Howe

i think the broncs is one place rossy wouldnt go after bennett told him he was never good enough for NRL. On top of that bennetts ego wouldnt allow him to sign him after saying that.

13. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I only picked the Broncos as they're the only team I can think of with heaps of salary cap space left ;)

MisterLevy likes this.
  14. daverene

daverene Jake Mamo

Software developer
    and the roosters, bulldogs and storm....the big 4 ;) Could even say all Sydney teams too.

15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Lets clarify we didn't let. We offered $700k and Rabbitohs have offered $850k plus so we needed to offer $900k, we got outbid. Its sad but club did what it could without going into Hagan territory.

Like Uate his one of the ex sons we'll cheer on for every bit of success they have(hopefully not against us.)

Joshhh, Tasgirl and Beatell like this.
  16. BETTERTHANLEGO

BETTERTHANLEGO Jacob Saifiti

Dw I adored the bloke but I guess I'm just not used to this mid season signing bullshit, I say they let him play for Rabbitohs this year as im sure they'll need him. Let our backline move on and blood some youth

17. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I should've worded it differently, I'm shattered he's going. I hold nothing against him for his decision & am thankful for his services & passion towards our club

MisterLevy, Lefty and Tasgirl like this.
  18. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
  19. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
    Also another person from the MS banner gorrrnnneee!

Lefty and Joshhh like this.
  20. luke46

luke46 Gavin Hanrahan

Wish list:

Im reading that South's have offered 850k + TPA for gagai. Some of these guys are playing reserve grade. I wonder if we offered them all 350k and a starting position if we could land any.

Prop
    G Burgess
    Kikau

CTR/WNG
    Mead
    Skd
    Gela moseby

Half
    Codi Walker
    Kodi nikorima

1. Ponga
    2. Mead
    3. Skd
    4. Ross
    5. Gela moseby
    6. Walker
    7. Nikorima
    8. Gurgess
    9. Levi
    10. D saifiti
    11. Buhrer
    12. Mata'utia
    13. Barnett

14. Kikau
    15. J saifiti
    16. Yates
    17. Stone

Its a bit of a made up wishlist more than actually expecting any of these guys will come. I'm just not sure spending 1.3 million a season on any one player will be worth it. Would rather 4 good players than 1 james graham at the end of his career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.