2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Discussion in 'Knights signings and rumoured signings' started by Billy, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Hahahaha!!!! Yes!!!

2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Urgh talk about going from the penthouse to the doghouse. Wouldn't want any of them.

3. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Frawley reminds me exactly of An in form fit younger Hodkinson. Worst part is Hodkinson was an awesome defender when he came from Q Cup and into Manly

4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

Gags won't leave. Though he will play the market to make sure he gets the best deal possible here.

5. Left Foot

Left Foot Owen Craigie

He was hoping to playing finals footy this year lol

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/ca7c0713ff6678be6935ae21b05738fc

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

An interview with another player not so long ago they were talking finals footy lol.

No chance. But I admire the optimism. Shows the mindset Brown has them in.

What happens to the team now, that they realise they are not playing finals this year.

8. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Pretty well spoken by him to say those sorts of things. May be there is hope we will retain him beyond his current contract.

And to be honest, if he didn't want to be apart of it after this I wouldn't blame him. He's been loyal enough and hasn't wussed out of his contract like other players have.

9. member 2299

member 2299 Andrew 'Joey' Johns

Retired
    For mine I think Gags will seriously consider the Saints offer.

They lead the competition and we linger at last. How much of a decision is that?

10. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Of current players in the NRL, only Billy Slater (172), Manu Vatuvei (152), Greg Inglis (139), Brett Morris (134) and Michael Jennings (123) have crossed the stripe more often than SKD.

He has also scored nine tries in 20 Tests for the Kiwis and was a member of the Roosters’ 2013 grand final winning team, playing much of that game with a broken jaw.....His hands cant have been too bad and who do we have in the backs with that kind of experience ....

88Knight4life likes this.
  11. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

im starting to warm to the SKD deal. But id struggle to pay 350k+ for him tbh. Hopefully we get him at the right price!

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Why are we even entertaining this? He's over the hill aand a liability at this stage. He's an even more frustrating version of Uate because he makes heaps of unforced errors. I'd rather not sign anyone than sign this dud.

slotmachine likes this.
  13. packo

Government
    Yeah he does have a good resume. Would feel better if we signed him after Graham but ha.

14. packo

Government
    Change of sceneray might be good. I think the key is, is what do our current squad rate him like? If they look up to him and think he's good he could be worth it. He's never really played a leadership role either so it might find another gear for him.

I think we'd be fairly naive not to keep an open mind about most players.

15. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

The consensus around us is we need a quality half and props. What would signing a winger whose is error prone really do for us?

Why would anyone look up to him? He was one of the worst players in a premiership winning side? We already have that in Kostjaysn.
    He's played in NZ's backline? So has Gerard Beale and Lewis Brown.

There would be nothing positive about signing him and if it's as a replacement for Gagai I'd be questioning Brown's sanity.

slotmachine likes this.
  16. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

ideal additions for me would be 2 x props, impact forward for the bench, a Half, and a back

17. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Daniel Tupou and Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Blake Ferguson all gone from Roosters?? Id take all 3 0f them especially Ferguson .This was on the Lurker .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  18. packo

Government
    Yeah I don't like the idea of him being our next signing. But if we got him for cheap I'd be happy. Can't agree more on the props and half

19. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Signing someone like him would be a step backwards imo. No matter how cheap.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

There can be more to a decision than winning though. Hopefully we get him sorted prior to origin announcements.

If not, and he loses his qld spot he could look elsewhere to get more highlights in a winning team who can put his skills to good use.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.