2016 NYC Holden Cup

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Billy, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He was talking to me with that one I think, and since he obviously has a lot more knowledge of the NYC and Ball players than I do - fair enough.
    Although I do think Cooper is a bit better than he seems to think.

2. jones63

jones63 Con Mika

Calm down trigger, Comment wasn't directed at you, stop guessing it makes you look foolish.

- - - Updated - - -

Coopers main asset is his speed and backing up and he's is in the NSW pathways squad. He's certainly no dud and It's not that I don't rate him, just think he hasn't kicked on like a lot thought he would, expected more game time in NYC this year. Will get more time next year but I reckon Tex Hoy will be breathing down his neck for the fullback spot in 2018.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If Hoy stays at fullback he will probably be great at it, but he seems to be a very gifted natural athlete who could play anywhere from 1 to 7 if he wants. He is one of those guys who looks like he has extra time to do things.

4. Midnight

Midnight Matt Hilder

For his age I think he done Ok with 1 NYC appearance this year, the kid is only 17 going off his bio turns 18 at xmas. I have seen him play a lot this year against my son and you are all right his speed is a great asset but his ball playing is what has impressed me the most this season, he has set up more trys than he scored at both SG Ball and Lakes, look at the stats and Bar TV high lights see for yourself. I was also at the local GF and watched Central and lakes go round and he was the difference between teams, scored 1 set 1 up and saved 1.